- It’s true. I’ll probably be the old lady who moves to Florida every winter. I used to scorn the idea, but as I get older, I understand that cold makes joints stiff. And that’s why I think I’ll be a snowbird.
- I only drink decaffeinated coffee because caffeinated coffee makes my heart race, my hands shake, my stomach growl. Speaking of being old…
- I don’t drive a car here in Spain.
- I’m scared of filling up with fuel at unknown fuel stations. (It’s good I no longer drive!)
- I was 27 before I tore down my guard enough to realize that my Savior loved me unconditionally.
- People tell me I’m a lot like my grandma, which I don’t mind at all because she was a special lady.
- I love to DIY (or would that be “DIM: do it myself”?), but often still use store products because, well, they often work better.
- I hardly eat bread. No, I’m not gluten-intolerant. I just don’t like it very well. I am my father’s daughter, I guess, because I would declare along with him that most of it is too “stuffy.”
- I have a vein in my forehead that bulges every time I get worked up, for the good or bad. (My sister suggested I put this one in here; I think she likes my bulgy vein.)
- I love plants but I have a hard time keeping them alive. I must have a toxic aura.
- When I was little, I had a crush on Jimmy Stewart… until I found out he was no longer living. Come to think of it, I had a crush on Disney’s animated Robin Hood too…
That’s all folks. All of the rest of me is as expected and normal. 🙂 I wouldn’t mind hearing some of the lesser known youisms too!
2 thoughts on “That I’ll probably be a snowbird and other things you might not know about me”
A lesser known me-ism…hmmm. I don’t know how to whistle. Never have and probably never will…a fact I don’t advertise to many people because it makes me feel highly deficient. 🙂
Maybe that’s just as well. My brother used to mock my sister and me because we looked so “dumb” when we whistled!